Education: The Carbon Question
Suggested Background Readings
Whether you choose to respond to the Young Investigators Carbon Initiative Call for Proposals or to conduct the study, Carbon in a Local Ecosystem: Measuring Carbon Storage, we suggest you read the background materials listed below.
- Introduction to The Carbon Question module (PDF 917 kB)
- Carbon Storage Above and Below Ground in Two Sites in Cascade Brook Watershed, Black Rock Forest, New York
Readings at NASA's Earth Observatory:
- The Carbon Cycle
- Can Carbon Sequestration Solve Global Warming?
- The Mystery of the Missing Carbon
- Satellite Data Help Researchers Track Carbon in Northern Hemisphere Forests
- U.S. Carbon Storage: Land Use Dominates Carbon Dioxide, Climate
- Scientists Find That Grasslands Can Act as 'Carbon Sinks'
- Fire Frequency Determines Forest Carbon Storage
- The Road to Recovery
A paper at the Food and Agriculture Organization
Return to The Carbon Question - Research Projects main page.