EDUCATION: INTERACTIVE COURSEWARE
Interactive Courseware for PCs
Using Multimedia Toolbook, a PC Windows-based authoring software package, interactive curriculum modules have been developed as auto-tutorial teaching tools to help students learn basic physical concepts as well as several meteorological applications.
The applications presented below the Neuron plugin be installed on your computer. Neuron is compatible with Windows PCs only. Please make sure you have downloaded and installed Neuron before running these applications.
Note: These modules will run in secure mode.
- Study vector addition, projectile motion and the law of moments via the Physics Lesson module.
- Study energy transformations using the
- Study the effect of latitude on solar insolation with the
Sunlight vs. Latitude module.
- Study the radiation balance properties of an object exposed to a
light source in a room by varying its albedo and distance with the
Local Radiation Balance module.
- Examine Kepler's laws of planetary motion as well as Newton's laws of
motion under the influence of gravity with the
- The Coriolis effect and Geostrophic Air Flow can be studied by
calling the Geostrophic Flow module.
- A discussion of the ideal gas laws and their application to cloud
formation and sea and land breezes can be investigated through the
Meteorology: Cloud Formation module.
- The Greenhouse effect on earth and on other real and fictitious
planets can be studied, and you can build your own comfortable planet
in the Planet module.
- Study the Black Body Radiation
Spectrum as a function of temperature.
- Play a What If to see how to provide an alternative scenario of energy production to reduce Oil imports as well as CO2 emission.